Happy International Coffee day!
Today is the best day to celebrate the hard work of our coffee farmers as well as to promote the health benefits of drinking coffee.
For those who do not know yet, Caffeine lets dopamine and glutamine (other natural stimulants produced by your brain). Within 15-minutes of drinking coffee, adrenalin is released. It makes our mind run wild, alert, less bored and providing a mood boost. ( Coffee is a must starter for me! )
These are the good reasons to pick up a good coffee anytime:
1. Increase your fiber intake A cup of brewed coffee represents a contribution of up to 1.8 grams of fiber of the recommended intake of 20-38 grams. From the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
2.Protection against cirrhosis of the liver Of course, you could just cut down on the alcohol intake. Another more recent study also showed coffee’s liver protecting benefits. Yet another study showed that both coffee and decaffeinated coffee lowered the liver enzyme levels of coffee drinkers.
3. Lowered risk of Alzheimer’s disease There is considerable evidence that caffeine may protect against Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Reduces suicide risk and Depression A 10-year study of 86,000 female nurses shows a reduced risk of suicide in the coffee drinkers. Another study conducted by the Harvard School of Public Health found that women who drink 4 or more cups of coffee were 20% less likely to suffer from depression.
5. Coffee drinkers have less risk of heart disease. Korean researchers found that study participants who consumed 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day were less likely to show the beginning signs of heart disease. A more recent study conducted in Brazil found that those that consume at least three cups of coffee a day tend to develop less calcification in their coronary arteries. A 2019 study confirmed that coffee doesn’t cause hardening of the arteries even among the study participants who drank upwards of 25 cups of coffee per day.
6. Coffee drinkers have stronger DNA. A study published in the European Journal of Nutrition showed that coffee drinkers have DNA with stronger integrity since the white blood cells of coffee drinkers had far fewer instances of spontaneous DNA strand breakage.
7. Black coffee prevents cavities. Researchers out of Brazil found that strong black coffee kills the bacteria on teeth that lead to tooth decay. Adding milk or sugar to coffee negates this benefit.
8. It helps people get along with co-workers better. A study published in the Journal of Psychopharmacology showed that workers/ workplaces who consume coffee have a more positive view of self and others than do workers/ workspaces that do not consume coffee. Coffee consumption also enhanced participation in workplace group activities.
Happy drinking coffee! Whether it's hot or cold, there are still good benefits in sipping it.